- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup soymilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″x9″ square pan.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together into a medium bowl.
- Put the drained and rinsed beans into a blender or food processor along with the soymilk.
- Puree the beans for about one minute. The mixture should be fairly smooth.
- Pour the bean puree into the dry ingredients and stir until all the liquid is absorbed and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before cutting.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.