Makes 2 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, bring almond milk to a boil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in nutritional yeast, minced garlic and Dijon mustard, and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in pumpkin purée until completely smooth and cook until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooked pasta until the sauce is evenly distributed.