If you love Twin Cities Veg Fest and want to see it grow, one important way that you can help out is to spread the word, letting others know about it. There’s lots of ways you can do this. Here are just a few options:
Using Social Media
Making Original Social Media Posts
- Use photos whenever possible
- @tag “TCVegFest” on Instagram and Twitter, and tag our page on Facebook
- If your post also highlights another business or organization (such as one of our exhibitors, or a business you want to see become an exhibitor), @tag them too!
- Use hashtags #TCVegFest and #CelebrateCompassion
- If you have room, mention the date location and time (Sunday, November 1, 2015 10a – 4p at Coffman Memorial Union, Minneapolis MN)
- Topics to post about:
- Post about our sponsors and exhibitors
- If you know of a product or local food vendor that you would like to see participate in Twin Cities Veg Fest, let them know! Tell them how 2014 food vendors such as Glam Doll Donuts were wildly successful and sold out by early afternoon. Next, post a picture of their product, tag them with @tcvegfest or with our Facebook page, and include the hashtag #TCVegFest.
- Post about our speakers and cooking demos
- Post a #ThrowbackThursday (#TBT, #WBW, or #FBF) of a photo from last year
Why should I post about #TCVegFest, anyway?
The top 20 social media posts (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) get a swag bag on the day of our event (no getting up early to wait in line) with one extra special item! Posts must be public and will be judged by quality as well as popularity.
Other Ways to Share
If you have a blog or website of your own, here are two images you can use to link to our site (click on the images for larger versions):
Sharing the Weekly Update
Subscribe to Compassionate Action for Animals’ Weekly Update and forward emails about the festival to your friends. We’ll have a lot of exciting news about the festival coming up in the months leading up to the festival.
However you choose to share the news, be sure to reach out to your friends who are not vegan or vegetarian. Over the years, we’ve learned that the most common way for non-vegetarians to hear about the festival is from their vegetarian friends. We’d love to have even more non-vegetarians come to the festival to learn about why and how to make more compassionate food choices. Your help getting them there is crucial!
Do you know of another way that we can get the word out? Let us know!
Join us and help make Twin Cities Veg Fest even better!